The Venture Center Packs September and October Events Calendar With Educational and Networking Events for Entrepreneurs
Westrock CEO Scott Ford to headline The Venture Center’s Fireside Chat
Little Rock, Ark., September 10, 2019 – The Venture Center today released their September and October events schedule featuring extensive programming for entrepreneurs and businesses. Community programs scheduled for early fall feature a highly anticipated Fireside Chat with Westrock CEO Scott Ford on October 16, 2019. Other programs include two Lift the Rock lunches, three Workshop events, and the 2019 JOLT Cyber challenge.
“Central Arkansas is truly an entrepreneurial powerhouse. The entrepreneurs attending our events are innovative, motivated, and determined to change the world,” said Mimi San Pedro, Chief Strategy Officer of The Venture Center. “Our community programs are designed to support these entrepreneurs and startups, providing insight and mentorship from visionaries right here in Central Arkansas.”
The Venture Center’s educational and collaborative programming includes The Venture Center’s Fireside Chat, featuring Arkansas’ brightest stars and biggest economic drivers candidly sharing their experiences; Lift the Rock, which connects local economic development resources to entrepreneurs and inspires business professionals by sharing the stories of Arkansas entrepreneurs and small businesses owners; The Venture Center Workshop, featuring instructors are from Arkansas’ biggest and brightest companies; and the JOLT Cyber Challenge providing real-world, hands on job training through a weekend-long cyber competition.
The Venture Center's September and October Schedule of events is listed below. Seating is limited and early registration is encouraged.
● September 20, 2019: Lift the Rock Presents: “The Entrepreneurial Toolbox.” Wright Lindsey Jennings + Little Rock Tech Park. Executive Director Brent Birch shares Tech Park news; Adrienne Baker and Brandon Middleton discuss necessary tools in the entrepreneurial toolbox.
● September 24, 2019: Workshop: “Mindfulness for Entrepreneurs.” Clix Digital Strategist Mike Mueller’s workshop will on dealing with stress through practicing mindfulness.
● October 1, 2019: Workshop:Wayne Miller and Lou McAlister. “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Sales But Were Afraid to Ask!” Sales tips and tricks from the best of the best.
● October 11, 2019: JOLT Cyber Challenge. A real-world, hands-on job training through a weekend-long cyber competition.
● October 16, 2019: Fireside Chat with Scott Ford: “Doing Good From Rwanda to Little Rock.” Hear the story of how Westrock Coffee became a major player in the competitive global coffee industry.
● October 18, 2019: Lift the Rock Presents: Julien Mirivel and Joyce Locke Carter. “Driving Social Change and Using Tech to Monitor Wellness.” Learn how students are learning to apply theory and research to drive social change, and how the latest technology uses eye movement to monitor wellness.
● October 29, 2019: Workshop Presents: Brandon Middleton from Wright Lindsey Jennings: “Don’t Let Intellectual Property Spook You!” Running a business can be pretty scary. WLJ Tech Law attorneys are here to give you the tools necessary to help avoid legal nightmares with your company and to protect your IP.
The Venture Center is the place where the technology and entrepreneurial communities come together to learn and connect, empowering each other to take the leap into the start up journey. Anyone interested in gaining more tools for success is encouraged to register for these free events at www.venturecenter.co/events.