Do you like learning and contributing in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment? The Venture Center is looking for a few outstanding interns to work from its downtown Little Rock office.
The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-moving, exciting startup environment and is pursuing secondary study in the following areas: business, public affairs, economics, computer science, logistics, project management, communications or marketing (bonus points if you have video editing skills), or web design.
This internship offers an opportunity to obtain amazing experience, test your organizational skills, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming financial technology and startup companies and entrepreneurs in the country.
Commitment: Interns will join the team this summer for an average of 20 hours per week. Schedule will be determined in collaboration with the assigned supervisor. This is a non-paid position, but we will gladly work within your university’s guidelines for internship credit (if applicable; please check with your faculty advisor).
Important: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern with us and why you would be well-suited for this role.
Also, please call (501) 819-4720 and leave a 30 to 60-second message to introduce yourself to us. Applicants must provide a proper cover letter and voicemail in order to be considered.
- Interest in technology, startups, and entrepreneurship.
- Ability and willingness to commit to apx. 20/week over the summer with days, evening, and weekend availability.
- Ability to work independently, jumping in to complete tasks quickly and effectively. We expect a great attitude, lots of energy and enthusiasm with a desire to learn and to meet new people. We are a fun group of people and we hope you will be, too!
- Willingness to tackle any project, large or small.
- Organized and detail-orientated.
- Strong scheduling and communication skills.
- Availability from Mid-May through Mid-August.
You’ll Fit In If (Qualities for Success):
- You love to make big things happen.
- You work hard (and play hard)
- You love working with people on a joint vision that impacts the community and the world.
- You like to work with a team of rockstars with high expectations, but equally high laughter/fun quotient.
- You’re driven by learning and trying something new.
- (and last but not least) You’re a nice person.
About us: The Venture Center helps entrepreneurs turn their start-ups into viable, high-growth businesses. By leveraging the expertise of a world class team of mentors, intensive programming and introductions to the investor community, The VC serves as an engine for economic growth in Central Arkansas and beyond. In the first two and a half years, The VC’s member companies have created more than 280 jobs, generated $12 million in revenue and have raised a combined $19 million in capital. For more information, visit http://www.venturecenter.co.
The Venture Center is located just steps from the vibrant River Market district of downtown Little Rock. The immediate area offers a variety of stylish restaurants, serene parks, trails and an active nightlife. Come join our high-energy team for the summer. With the amount of activity in and around The Venture Center’s space, the one thing you’ll never be is bored.