Do you like learning and contributing in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment? The Venture Center is looking for a few outstanding interns to work from its downtown Little Rock office.
Current undergraduate students in New Media, Communications, Digital Marketing, Finance, Marketing, Business or related majors are encouraged to apply. Graduate students and recent college graduates may also be considered. Please note that we are unable to sponsor those who need visas to work in the U.S. at this time.
This internship offers an opportunity to obtain amazing experience, test your organizational skills, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming financial technology and startup companies and entrepreneurs in the country.
Commitment: Interns will join the team this summer for an average of 20 hours per week. Schedule will be determined in collaboration with the assigned supervisor. This is a non-paid position, but we will gladly work within your university’s guidelines for internship credit (if applicable; please check with your faculty advisor).
Important: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern with us and why you would be well-suited for this role.
Desired Qualifications for All Interns:
- Interest in technology, startups, and entrepreneurship.
- Ability and willingness to commit to approx. 20/week over the summer with days, evening, and weekend availability.
- Ability to work independently, jumping in to complete tasks quickly and effectively. We expect a great attitude, lots of energy and enthusiasm with a desire to learn and to meet new people. We are a fun group of people and we hope you will be, too!
- Willingness to tackle any project, large or small.
- Strong scheduling and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Desired Qualifications for Marketing Interns:
- Experience following an editorial style guide.
- Eye for selecting (or shooting!) engaging, quality photography.
- Proficiency with use and insights of HootSuite, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and appropriate file formatting for web and print a plus.
You’ll Fit In If (Qualities for Success):
- You love to make big things happen.
- You work hard (and play hard)
- You love working with people on a joint vision that impacts the community and the world.
- You like to work with a team of rockstars with high expectations, but equally high laughter/fun quotient.
- You’re driven by learning and trying something new.
- (and last but not least) You’re a nice person.
About us: The Venture Center helps entrepreneurs turn their start-ups into viable, high-growth businesses. By leveraging the expertise of a world class team of mentors, intensive programming and introductions to the investor community, The VC serves as an engine for economic growth in Central Arkansas and beyond.