2 DAYS TO STARTUP: METRO
Join our vibrant community of technical professionals, creative innovators, and startup enthusiasts as they embark upon a fun, weekend-long innovation program and discover how they can take an idea from concept to profitability.
2 Days to Startup kicks off Friday night when attendees pitch ideas, form teams, and select projects to work on for the weekend. Saturday and Sunday are spent fleshing out ideas with the input of coaches and mentors, and Sunday evening features "Shark Tank™" style pitches, feedback from judges, voting and the spoils of victory. It is a whirlwind, and one of the most fun, immersive and hands-on learning experiences on which participants will ever embark.
Two days can change everything. The "Metro Edition" is a collaboration with the City of Little Rock. Participants will have access to open data sets from the City via "smart city" APIs. Join the vibrant community of technical professionals, creative innovators, and startup enthusiasts for a fun, weekend-long
innovation program and discover how you can take an idea from concept to profitability.
So, why should you come to this event?
You'll finally be able to pitch that idea that's been rattling around in your brain
You get to make cool things in the span of a weekend
You'll meet helpful contacts, potential co-founders, or new friends
You'll be among the first to access The City of Little Rock's shiny new APIs
Plus, we feed you SEVEN times, so...
Devs/Tech - Be a part of building something new. Develop the "next big thing" at 2 Days to Startup.
- Meet Trey Bowles, one of the brightest startup minds and "smart cities" experts in the region.
- Connect with experts from IBM's Watson team and leverage Watson's APIs.
- Be first in line to access open data streams from the City of Little Rock APIs
- Help develop the next generation of tech talent in Central Arkansas
Designers - Broaden your horizons and help create something special. Leverage your skills to bridge the gap between tech and design, collaborating with some of the best minds in Central Arkansas.
- Build your network
- Collaborate on a team turing a vision into reality in 2 short days.
- Learn more about leveraging tech to expand your UI/UX skills.
Non-Tech Talent - Learn more about what's happening in tech and how you can leverage it to expand your professional skill sets.
- Leverage this opportunity to better understand tech in a hands-on way.
- Connect with design and tech experts to broaden your network right here in Central Arkansas.
- Collaborate to create something epic in a single weekend
Community Members - Trigger your creativity and be a part of something new.
- See the exciting things that are happening in Central AR
- Be a part of the development of the "next big thing"
- Learn that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to make great things happen. You can do this! Let us show you how.